Friday, July 9, 2010

Do I really need it? I know I want it...


Over the weekend I got to experience yet again how awesome DSLR's are. A friend of mine had quite an amazing example of one, with a beautiful telephoto lens and what can I say but... I WANT IT! (as the inner child in me would put it) So now on the budget of someone in college with no job, who needs to buy all new oil painting supplies (reason being...well a story for another day) on top of needing enough money to get through the two ceramics studios I'm taking, I want to get a DSLR... Now I'm not a photo student or anything, but honestly a nice camera would do me good. Not to say that I don't enjoy my little cybershot, but well...it's a piece of crap! It's fine for vacation goers who want to record in no specific detail their vacations to wonderful far off places, but I want to record my work! I want to record life around me as I see it, and the way I think it should be seen! And even though I don't consider myself to be a photographer as an artist getting images for what inspires me is one of the most useful tools. Who knows maybe with this wonderful camera I will become the next Anselm Adams! Okay my speech for my parents is now done...hopefully I will convince (but likely not seeing as the cheapest I've seen used is like $300 and the one I've found that I want is like $560...not gonna happen; oh well now where is my rich husband when I need him...wait I don't have one...)

No comments:

Post a Comment