Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Have you seen my xiphoid process?

Imagine drawing this at 8 in the morning on the first day of your...Abstraction class? That's right, first day of my Observation to Abstraction class we had to draw a to-scale drawing of the back from neck to hip. I'm surprised to say that it was actually easy (for that time of the morning).  What was really funny was the fact the my professor (Kevin Wixted) came over, said my clavicle was too long. I disagreed, so he measured and...it was perfect.  From this drawing we of course had to make abstractions from the drawing (It being an "observation" to "abstraction" class after all) which was fun, and led to some interesting things.  I will post those drawing eventually, but as you can probably see this image is bad enough, the others are worse.  So as soon as I have a better lighting set up, new pictures will replace this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment