Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ideas In Progress

It's been quite awhile but I promise I'm working! This is some new work that, with any luck, will help me produce my senior show!  Which is coming up VERY soon, May 5 to be exact and to be honest I don't know if I will be ready, but I'm sure I can pull it off!













          The work is focusing on functional perspectives.  It is about altering your views towards what a handle a saucer and a foot is, on a functional object, and from there the work dictates how you use it or how you interact with it.  All of the objects are based on traditional tea forms from many cultures, then through the creative process are simplified and modernized in form and color palette.   Display is also important to the work, everything is on tables or shelves, set up as if the Mad Hatter (in his right mind) set the table. (*maybe...to be honest I don't know what its gonna be set up as, that is one option. But you'll just have to come to my show to find out!)



5 comments:

  1. Wow Becca! This is some pretty amazing stuff! I'm so proud of you!!!!! Make sure to document your senior show so that I can see it (since I'm kind of over 5,000 miles away).

    -Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maya!
    Hope you are having a great time! and I promise, so many pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you have such beautiful pieces! I will definitely be a customer when you go big! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca: You still amaze me! Your ideas and their transformation into tangibles rocks! Just saw "Red", the play about Rothko, in which they claim his saying that art belongs to the artist, the only one who knows why an item or items are created. Your multifacet talent highlights your artistic mind. Wonderful work shown here. Can't wait to see the creations for the Senior Show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CMG, Thank you I really appreciate that!

    Phil, Its good to hear from you! I'll have to check out that play, seems right up my ally. I'll most certainly send you a show card, it would be great to see you as well! May 5 is show day so if you have no plans for that weekend it would be great to have you here. The senior exhibition is a really cool thing to see, all the students set up their work and almost the whole town turns into a gallery, it might be something you would really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete